AwesomeBooks may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Information we may collect from you
AwesomeBooks collects the details provided by you on account registration together with information we learn about you from your use of our service. We also collect information about the transactions you undertake including details of payment cards used.
Information you provide us
You may provide us with information by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by email, live-chat, phone or otherwise. The personal information you may provide includes:
- Email address
- Billing address & name
- Shipping address & recipient name
- Information about your purchases (e.g. items bought and discounts used)
- Saved debit/credit card (more information below)
- Wishlist items
If you save a credit/debit card with us, the information is not held by us. It is collected by our third party payment processors Global Payments, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. We do however store the first 6 and last 4 digits of your card, the card type, card expiry date, cardholder name, billing address and the last 4 digits of your saved card. This allows us to offer you the Express Checkout for faster payments. You may delete this at any time in your Manage Cards section.
If you use Facebook login, we collect your name, email address, Facebook ID, profile photo and gender. To manage your permissions, please go to your Settings and Apps on your Facebook account. Find instructions here.
Information we collect about you
When you visit our website we may collect information about your device and browsing behaviour. This includes:
- IP address
- Demographics (e.g. geo location, gender, age)
- Device information (e.g. computer or mobile)
- Pages on our website you have visited
- How you use our website (e.g. what features you use)
How we use your information
We may use your information to do the following:
Fulfil your requests
- In order to process your order
- To administer any promotion or competition that you enter
- To provide you with personalised content (e.g. we use your IP address to show the correct currency and shipping information)
- To provide you with information about products we think you will be interested in
- To measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you, which may be based on your activity on our website
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about products that may interest you or them, which may be based on your activity on our website
- To undertake profiling analysis to better understand our customers and their needs
- To seek your views and comments on the service we provide
- We will use sales data to populate our 'What’s going on' grid on our homepage. This is completely anonymous and is only ever displayed using non-identifiable details. No correlation could be made between a specific customer's purchase and the details displayed on screen.
Service improvements and account management
- To notify you about any changes to our service and to send you service emails relating to your account
- To improve our products and services
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- In order to complete fraud checks
- To manage and operate your account with us
Sharing your personal information
We never sell your information and only share your information with 3rd parties if one of the following applies:
- Advertisers and advertising networks and other third parties that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site. Your personal information is generally shared in a form that does not directly identify you.
How we store your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected with the following software 256 Bit encryption on SSL. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear next to the URL on your web browser.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, AwesomeBooks is required to tell you if it transfers or intends to transfer information which it holds about you to countries outside the European Economic Area ("EEA").
AwesomeBooks currently transfers such information outside the EEA for secure storage on its servers located in the Middle East and Asia. Because some of AwesomeBooks’ servers are located outside the EEA, the transfer of all of AwesomeBooks’ data (including the personal details contained in your account) outside the EEA is necessary to enable AwesomeBooks to operate its website and provide products and information to you.
By accessing and using the AwesomeBooks website you are deemed to have accepted AwesomeBooks’ Terms and Conditions, and to have consented to the transfer and storage of your personal information and data outside the EEA. If you do not wish any of your personal data or information to be stored or transferred outside the EEA, you may withdraw your consent to such at any time by notifying AwesomeBooks at the address at the end of this page. However, because AwesomeBooks has servers which are located outside the EEA, if you withdraw your consent, AwesomeBooks will no longer be able to provide you access to or use of its website.
Access to your personal information
You have the right to access personal information held about you by AwesomeBooks. All information that we hold can be found under your Account pages. If you would like further information please email our Customer Service team at email@example.com
Your right to remove personal information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you can change your mind at any time. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or unchecking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in May 2018.